At the height of the tin and copper mining industry (1840s) over 1000 people lived and worked in Zennor. Today, the Parish has a population of around 200. Some of the land is now owned by the National Trust but most is still owned by traditional Cornish farming families, who have worked the land in Zennor for generations.
Nineteen farming settlements stretch out along the plateau above the high coastal cliffs which are pounded incessantly by the Atlantic. To the south the land rises to the open moors, dotted with cottages and a few ‘higher’ small farms, sometimes related in name to one of the farm hamlets down on the plateau.